How is everyone this fine day? Good, I hope!
Since it is Thursday, it’s time to get all random on the blog. Not that it isn’t random most days but today we make it official.
1. Today I have a much-needed hair appointment. When I say much-needed it is more for my sanity/self-esteem than my hair actually needing to be done. I’m pretty low maintenance when it comes to beauty and hair but this girl needs to liven things up a bit. I have found myself feeling a bit “blah” about my looks so this is sure to make me feel better! I mean, doesn’t fresh hair always do that to a girl?!
2. Did you know that today is take your daughter/son to work day? I was tempted to keep my kids home with me today so that they could help me clean all day. Oh wait, it doesn’t work when you are a Stay at Home Mom? Darn. It also doesn’t work when your husband works for a company that distributes adult beverages either!! It looks like our kids are stuck going to school instead! But really, does anyone actually TAKE their kids to work on this day? I sure don’t know anyone who does.
3. I have this silly app on my phone called, “Photo Age”. It is seriously the worst app in the entire world. Well, sometimes it is the best, especially when it lies and tells you that you look 24! I would be happy about that except the picture I took right before this one, told me I looked 46. WTH?! I’ve learned the tricks though. If you tilt your head, it automatically makes you look younger and if you look straight on without a smile, you look older. To think I actually payed a $1.00 for this thing. At least my kids like it. Even if it does tell them they look 21.
I’m lucky to be mistaken for 30 these days!
4. Incline walking has become my new go to workout, especially on the treadmill. I can walk on the treadmill without getting super bored but running, I don’t enjoy it as much. With incline walking I turn the incline up to 1o-15, depending on how hard I want to work and set the speed between 3.5-4.o mph. If you don’t think it sounds tough, give it a try. I promise you will be sweating and your buns will be on fire when you are done!!
5. I keep seeing everyone with such pretty manicures lately and for the first time in my life, I kind of want the same. Maybe I am finally growing up and ready to kick the nail-biting habit. Until I get stressed out, that is. I really do think I am going to give it a shot. I find myself getting embarrassed when I shake hands with someone or get asked to see my wedding ring. I never cared before but since it is starting to bother me, I am thinking now is the time to make the change! Not to mention, nail-biting is just GROSS and I am a germ-a-phobe so it only makes sense.
6. Unless you have been living under a blog reading rock, you must have seen the posts for Belvita breakfast cookies and Dannon Oikos Greek yogurt, right? All I have to say about that is most of these blogs are a day late! We have been eating that combo up in my house for months!! For real though, my husband eats that combo almost every weekday morning for breakfast. It is easy, it is tasty and I think it does a good job of kick starting his day. Don’t worry, I’m not getting compensated or anything but I thought it was funny that it really is the norm in our house!!
And that is all for today folks!! If I am going to call it Random Thoughts Thursday, it only makes sense to stop on a completely random number, right?!
And now I am off to get ready for that much-needed hair appointment!!
I’m also linking up with Amanda at Running With Spoons today. To check out more Thinking Out Loud posts, head on over to her blog and get your reading on!!
What do you think about my random thoughts for the day? Leave me a comment and let me know!