Wow, I just looked back to title this post and realized that it has been since September since I have done one of my “Random Thursday Thoughts!” Considering that my life and writing style is completely random I feel like most of my posts should be titled, Random……..
Well, let’s get started shall we!!
1. I love yogurt, however, I do not like the bloat that it gives me. A few months back I realized that dairy was the cause of a lot of my stomach issues so I pretty much gave it up. I loved getting a good dose of protein from Greek Yogurt and I used it quite often as a “dessert” when I was craving something sweet but wanted to keep it healthy. This week, I decided to give lactose free yogurt a try but it just wasn’t the same. I might buy it on occasion but it won’t be a regular in my grocery cart.
2. This “two ingredient” pancake sure looks pretty but it was just too eggy for me. I think I tried to convince myself that I liked these a while back but honestly, it’s not my thing. I like eggs and I like pancakes but I do not like eggs as pancakes.
3. What I do like is this new projection screen in my workout/play room! My husband won a projector for a job well done at work and it is awesome. When I run on my treadmill, I turn the lights out, turn Netflix on and have my own little “cardio cinema” in my home gym. Lance also made a pretty nifty movie screen for it for a whopping $13.00. I love having a handy husband.
My son playing a video game. I promise this isn’t what I watch while running!
4. Does anyone like using a tinted moisturizer instead of full-out foundation sometimes? I do, especially in the Summer! I am very excited because I just figured out how to make my own with the makeup essentials I already have. I just take a bit of my regular liquid foundation and add a dot or two of moisturizer and mix the two together in my palm. Voila! Tinted moisturizer without having to spend the extra moolah!
5. This might be the best sandwich I have ever eaten in my life. I just discovered a new to me cafe, right down the street from me called, The Shed. How I never knew about this place is beyond me but it is flippin’ good!!! Homemade jalapeno sourdough bread, fresh smoked turkey and ham, avocado……OH MY!!! I got the special and it was served with a cup of creamy roasted red pepper soup and I wanted to tip the cup over and drink it down. So.Good!!!
6. The flu has become an epidemic in Texas and people are getting really, really sick from it. Normally, it mostly affects those who are older or younger and those with pre-existing conditions but this year it seems, it is sparing no one. I am the only one in my family who has not gotten their flu shot(I hope to remedy this today) but in the meantime I am upping my health regimen by sharing my kids gummy vitamins and drinking a “bombshell spell” every day. It includes 1/2 cup 100% pineapple juice, 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar, 1 TBSP fresh lime juice and a drizzle of honey. It is super tasty and will be part of my morning(after coffee) long-term, I think!
7. My husband is home from work today…sick. I am not sure what he has but I can tell you that it includes the grumps!! Why is it that men cannot function when they aren’t feeling well? Not bragging here but I have had double ear infections on top of sinus infections with a 103 fever and I wasn’t this cranky. Get to feeling better soon, babe….please!!!
7. I promise to post my new favorite lasagna recipe tomorrow. Just in time for you to get all the ingredients and make it as a weekend treat!!
To check out more posts all about randomness or to join in the fun, head on over to Amanda’s page at Running With Spoons!
If you watch Nextflix, what are some of the must watch series I should get into? I’ve got to watch something on that big screen!
Do you get the flu shot or just hope for the best?